Know Your Rights
As part of the commitment that CLDC has made to those who work and support immigrant fairness, we have developed a “Know your Rights” toolkit with the help of organizations such as the Rural Organizing Project in Columbia County and UNETE in Jackson County.
This toolkit provides helpful information that you and/or your group can use to educate yourself and your community about their rights when dealing with law enforcement, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), jails, and courts.
We are always trying to improve our resources and keep them updated. If you have any questions and/or suggestions regarding this toolkit, or to schedule a Know Your Rights Training in your community feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Informative Documents and Handouts:
- KYR Brochure: English and Spanish
- ROP KYR Card: English and Spanish
- KYR PowerPoint Slideshow: Spanish and English
- Demand of Rights Flow Chart
- ROP Immigrants and Traffic Laws: English and Spanish
- Juvenile Cases KYR Booklet: English and Spanish
For additional resources, visit the website of the Rural Organizing Project.