Here at the CLDC we are falling over with gratitude for the interns and law clerks who have helped, and continue to help, us carry the load. Our intern program continues, year after year, to bring us awesome, like-minded folks who are giving with their time and energy to help our various projects run and grow. In return, we can provide class credit, résumé, building and training in skills that will help them become stronger change makers in the future. As the 2017-2018 school year approaches, we hope to recruit a few more people for our team. If you or anyone you know is interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Interns typically work 5-10 hours/week, flexible to your schedule. Here’s what we are looking for:
Videographer/website intern: Seeking an intern experienced in creating and editing video content and using the WordPress format. We seek to provide the community with an engaging website that contains legal resources that will help them stay safe in their lives and activist work. Intern would help us make our materials more robust. Tasks will be:
- Strengthen our materials with engaging videos, both short and long, so that more people can access this knowledge.
- Assist in developing strategies to track our trainings and trainers
- Assist in writing newsletters to our members and supporters.
- Helping to update our website
Community outreach and research intern: Seeking intern who would like to help with the outreach and research involved in our various organizing campaigns. Previous research and outreach experience would be helpful. Good organizational skills, an excitement to try new things and a sense of creativity is a must. This position will be good experience for anyone who is interested in organizing for change on a grassroots or non-profit level. Intern tasks will be:
- Assisting in organizing and expanding our Know Your Rights trainings to different groups and areas of the bioregion.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of anti-fascist and anti-racist organizing
- Assisting in the planning of our 5th annual Next Generation Climate Justice Action Camp, a summer camp for activist-inclined youth.
Fundraising/Development Intern: Seeking an intern to work with the Associate Director on fundraising projects. This position is a perfect fit for someone who is interested in learning more about nonprofit management and fundraising. Intern tasks will include:
- Helping at fundraising events.
- Research & database management
- Assisting with writing fundraising appeals
- Assisting with other projects as needed.